Velocity Juice provides growth funding and marketing support to SMEs. Here at Juice, we are passionate about democratising access to capital alongside with providing Founders with the marketing insights to acquire customers profitably and maximise ROI on the marketing budgets.
We provide funding from £10k to £8M across a range of segments in the market to support digital marketing and inventory requirements. Our solutions address the needs of early-stage founders, for this we have created a comprehensive package of benefits for founders including access to digital marketing expertise on demand.
We want to build a best-in-class experience for founders across development stages, providing them with capital and digital marketing expertise to help them achieve their growth ambitions.
• Develop credit control and portfolio management framework to support our growing portfolio
• Lead workstreams to improve credit underwriting, boost growth and manage portfolio risk
• Oversee the development of credit models and provide technical modelling guidance to other areas of the business
• Oversee and enhance the database tables and dashboards that provide insights and promote rapid, data-driven decisions
• Construct model development datasets from internal and 3rd party data sources
• Strong understanding of Credit Reference Agencies and related data suppliers and application towards risk decisioning
• Assist with driving the automation of credit decisioning through development of the proprietary predictive lending model
• Contribute to the development of underwriting policies
• Analyse credit profile of new and existing clients, present written recommendations to Credit Committee
Our dream candidate
• 5+ years experience in SME lending sector at a fintech or alternative lender scale up.
• Experience of overall lending cycle (risk analysis, modelling & scoring) with an excellent understanding of credit risk metrics, as well as credit risk mitigation techniques.
• Solid understanding of lending economics and have experience developing and deploying underwriting strategies and internal credit rating models
• Strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills, working with data sets & complex logic in Excel & SQL.
• Experience in model building, validation and stress-testing
• Competent in statistical techniques used for credit decisioning models
• Working understanding of the regulations that apply to lending in the UK
• A strong understanding of (or ability to learn) the digital marketing and user acquisition space.
• Highly self-motivated to produce results.
• Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and has a desire to be part of a growing business.
• Adaptable and prepared to get hands dirty, contributing to the overall development of Juice.
• Basic salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, 5% contributory pension matched with 5% employee contribution, private healthcare with Vitality, 25 days annual leave.